Planet Alpha’s story, Guardian’s blood (Historia del Planeta Alpha, la Sangre del Guardián) / Interviewing J.A. Blanco Hernández

Name of the book: 
Planet Alpha’s story, Guardian’s blood

Writer: José Alberto Blanco Hernández.
Number of pages: 281
Editorial: Abecedario.
Planet Alpha’s story: Andrew is a normal boy, one day when he is going home something strange occurs. In front of him there appears the Dragon Guardian (Dolf), he is hurt. By accident Andrew is transported to Dolf’s planet.
There he meets two bounty hunters called Tito and Juan, there they try to help Andrew to return back to his planet.
While this happens Dolf appears dead in the city, his successor now becomes into the actual Dragon Guardian, so he has to look for his own successor. Andrew becomes in his successor and he has to learn how Alpha works.
In this planet there is a group named “The Caravels”, they killed Dolf and they are trying to find the sacred spring which is a lost place where the guardians obtain their power from.

Andrew has to defeat The Caravels with the help of his new friends, the Guardians, and return to his planet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interviewing J.A. Blanco Hernández.


  1. When did you decide to start in the world of writing?
I don’t remember exactly when. I can tell you that I’ve always liked making stories, drawing comics with them or playing to write these ideas. I used to do it when I was a child. Unfortunately, drawing is not my thing (I have very bad hands), so I left comics. I started to write the book which you refer to about 2007- 2008. I had finished the teaching career, I wasn't working as a teacher yet and I had more free time. I had the idea and I started to write some chapters. Step by step the characters were coming to life and when I realized they were all immersed in an adventure too large to be fitted it in only one book.
  1. Why did you choose to write a book like Planet Alpha’s story?
When I was a student, fantasy books or imaginary worlds were my favorite; and besides I didn’t like reading many of the things that my high school said that we had to read (nobody likes reading as an obligation). I decided to write a book that was more according what I liked more when I was a student. If I had read something like that I would have loved it.
  1. Are you still doing your visits to schools for publicizing your book?
Of course, if some group of guys asks for it, I’m happy to talk with readers at any school, high school, library… For me it is a pleasure.
  1. Do you think of writing books for an adult audience?
I have an idea, but nothing serious so far. The truth is that I have more ideas for youth genre. I feel more comfortable in that world.
  1. You said to me that you’re planning to publish another book that has nothing to do with Planet Alpha’s story. Can you tell us a little about the book and what is the date of publication?
I can’t say anything about the date because the publisher hasn’t confirmed. The only thing they told me is that it will happen during this course 2014-2015.
What is it about?
A girl named Sofía receives a mysterious gift on her birthday: It is an ancient relic from Toledo’s city with a letter from her father that she believed dead years ago. The letter will guide her to different places in Toledo, discovering a mystery after another, guiding her towards one of the oldest secrets of the city; and she will realize that her city is not all it seems. She must hurry before it all ends badly for her and her friends. I will not tell you more… It is better not to give anything more.
  1. What advice would you give to young people who are interested in becoming writers?
The advice is very simple: read and write. They must know what they like reading, who their favorite writers are, what books make they feel something special… They should write about something they like. what they feel more comfortable with, regardless the gender. I think you should not write in order to publish it, just write for pleasure, sharing stories. Everything else comes with time… First of all, I always say that we must never stop dreaming.
  1. Do you have any literary project in mind for the future?
I have an idea for a new story that at first I think it would be very long, I’m still deciding if I make an approach to the subject or not.
  1. Can you tell us more about the experience of writing a book?
For me it is always interesting. I enjoy writing slowly, when I have time. Once you begin to create characters become part of me, as if I knew them. I think of them when I least expect, as if I remembered some friends; And they don’t leave me alone until I’m still writing and making the story grow. It may sound weird, but my experience with my inventions is that way.
Once I finish, I prefer not to read anything because I always find failures; first I give it to my friends and I hope they give me their opinion. Then I decide whether to change something.
I would like to have young volunteer readers to give me their honest opinion before attempting to publish. In the end, my job is for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment